The department of Computer Science founded in 2002, the Sacred heart College Chalakudy has rapidly achieved a status of one of the top department in the college. It is a campus of spectacular natural beauty. The department is dedicated to research, education and overall excellence. The Computer Science programs at our College focus on a flexible program providing breadth and permitting a student to develop strengths in selected areas within Computer Science. Our Graduates capture leading academic appointments as well as fuel the Internet, wireless communications and computer industries. The Department spans the range from the theory to practice to cutting-edge inventions. The department makes Graduate aware of new technologies and new ideas and is a foundation of many different computing careers.
The Computer Science Department is committed to continually improve its educational environment in order to develop graduates with the strong academic and technical backgrounds needed to achieve distinction in the discipline. Build a strong research and teaching environment that responds swiftly to the challenges of the 21st century. The Computer Science Department seeks to become a competitive doctoral-granting department and to expand its depth and breadth in the research and study of applied computing. We leverage the interdisciplinary nature of computing to provide innovative educational and research opportunities in a beautiful mountain setting. To be recognized nationally and internationally for delivering outstanding computer science education and conducting research of high distinction, both of value and relevance to the communities we serve.
Encourage students to become self-motivated, problem solving individuals who can find and understand the knowledge needed to be successful in the profession.
- Provide intellectual inputs to knowledge-based industries in the form of qualified and trained manpower.
- To attain self-sustainability and overall development through Research, Consultancy and Development Activities.
- To produce best quality Computer Science Professionals by imparting quality training, hands on experience and value education.
- To pursue creative research and new technologies in Computer Science and across disciplines in order to serve the needs of industry, government, society, and the scientific community.
- Providing an environment in which students are given the essential resources to address research and solve real-world problems, participating in interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research and its applications.