In 1995 the computer science is introduced as a complementary subject for BSc Physics in aided stream. Later in 2002, the Department of Computer Science is established with post graduate course in Computer Science offered by Calicut University. The department is also offering complementary courses in computer science for other streams like BSc Chemistry and Bsc Mathematics at undergraduate level. The department was flourished with many computer courses like Bsc Computer Science, BCA and MCA offered by IGNOU and Bharathiar Universities. Due to the restrictions for conducting off campus courses in aided colleges we concluded those courses and stick on to courses offered by Calicut University.
The department is set apart with a galaxy of eminent faculty who are always willing to help aspiring youngsters to achieve higher levels of professional competence and satisfaction. The regular academic schedule of the department is designed to provide an in-depth and thorough coverage of the topics prescribed by the University in the syllabi of the programme. In addition, the Department organizes specialized academic activities to supplement the curriculum and to enhance the competitive edge of the students in facing the challenges of securing the best placement, and also the challenges of the workplace.
Students of the college have exclusive one–to-one computing facilities
through a well-furnished separate Computer Lab. Internet connectivity is also
available in the Lab during the office hours. The department is producing 100 %
result in MSc Computer Science since 2002 and most of the students are placed
in various reputed organizations. The department is promoting students to
participate in various competitions conducted internal and external to the
institution. The students secured remarkable positions in various competitions
including paper presentations. Some of the students also cleared NET
examination conducted by UGC.
The Computer Science Department is committed to continually improve its educational environment in order to develop graduates with the strong academic and technical backgrounds needed to achieve distinction in the discipline. Build a strong research and teaching environment that responds swiftly to the challenges of the 21st century. The Computer Science Department seeks to become a competitive doctoral-granting department and to expand its depth and breadth in the research and study of applied computing. We leverage the interdisciplinary nature of computing to provide innovative educational and research opportunities in a beautiful mountain setting.
Encourage students to become self-motivated, problem solving individuals who can find and understand the knowledge needed to be successful in the profession.
- Provide intellectual inputs to knowledge-based industries in the form of qualified and trained manpower.
- To attain self-sustainability and overall development through Research, Consultancy and Development Activities.
- To produce best quality Computer Science Professionals by imparting quality training, hands on experience and value education.
- To pursue creative research and new technologies in Computer Science and across disciplines in order to serve the needs of industry, government, society, and the scientific community.
- Providing an environment in which students are given the essential resources to address research and solve real-world problems, participating in interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research and its applications.