The Math club coordinates the activities organized by the Dept. of Mathematics. This club deals with those activities through which everyone can improve their Mathematical skills. The functioning of the club was coordinated by the Mathematics Association, “MATHEMATICA”.
The word “Oasis” literally describes a peaceful area in our everyday life. The motto of this club is to provide a happy and peaceful moments in the life of the struggling people in the society whom are ignored by the people in their fast life. The club also focuses on developing the service mentality within the students.
The major academic and other activities of the department are:
- Conducted a talk on “Golden Ratio” by Prof. Cicily K P, HOD , Dept. of Mathematics , Carmel College , Mala
- Conducted a talk on “An Insight to Mathematics” by Dr. Sunny Kuriakose, General Secretary, KMA , in connection with official inauguration of P.G. course
- A plethora of humanitarian activities were organized in connection with the “Heart to Heart Programme” initiated by Sacred Heart College, Chalakudy.
- Visited “Abhaya Bhavan” an institution for the physically and mentally challenged during the time of Christmas.
- Visited “SS SMILE VILLAGE”, a center for disabled at Vettikuzhy in connection with Christmas celebration.
- Weekly Quiz competitions for all students of Mathematics Department by Quiz club.
- Monthly Debate competition for students of Mathematics Department organized by the debate club on social issues.
- Distribution of Pothichoru on every Thursdays for the needy people.
- Free Tuitions at Mercy home by students.
- Distributed “New Born Kit” to the new born babies at Government hospital, Chalakudy in connection with Onam celebration.
- Collage competition on the topic “ONAM ANNUM INNUM” as part of Onam Celebration.
- Tour by staff and students of III B.Sc. Mathematics to Thenmala on 17th September 2015.
- A talk on the topic “Constructible Numbers” by Dr. Rani M J Former HoD of Mathematics, Sahrdaya College of Advanced Studies, Kodakara in connection with Association inauguration.
- Published the Mathematical journal on “French Mathematicians”.
- Visited “Old Age Home”, Karuna Bhavan, Chalakudy for celebrating Christmas.
- Logo and a poster making competition in the college level connection with “Anti-ragging Day”.
- Organized a one day seminar for the high school Mathematics teachers of various schools in Irinjalakuda Educational District and the sessions were handled by Prof. M D Varghese, Former Associate Professor of St. Thomas College, Thrissur and Mr. Jaison Jacob, HoD of Mathematics, St. Aloysius College, Elthuruthu, Thrissur
- Celebrated World Mathematics Day on 2nd March, 2016 and Prof. M D Varghese gave a talk on “History of Mathematics”.
- Tour by staff and students of 1st and 2nd year M Sc. Mathematics to Kodaikanal on 4th May, 2016.
- Students conducted teachers day celebration.
- Students participated in the pookkalam competition and tug of war competition conducted by the college and secured first prize.
- Organized a one day state level seminar on ‘Representation theory, Semigroup and its applications’ and sessions were handled by Dr. Viji M, Assistant professor in St. Thomas College, Thrissur and Dr. Krishna M, Assistant Professor in Kerala varma College, Thrissur.