The department consistently conduct departmental seminars and invited talks of faculties working at prestigious intuitions in India and abroad. The major academic and other activities of the departments are focused on the following topics.
- National Seminar on “Big Data Analytics” sponsored by UGC on 12th and 13th of November 2015- which was inaugurated by Dr. Jasma Balasangameshwara, Associate Professor, Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering, Atria Institute of Technology-Bengaluru - 560 024
- The department used a collaborative, inter-disciplinary approach in administering the basics of computer essentials to the students of other departments especially the department of History.
- The UGC Network Resource Centre under the department puts forward short term courses aimed at enhancing IT skills for native residents and students.
- The department also runs DCA and Tally courses recognized by the Centre for Continuing Education, Kerala.
- The department provides placement oriented skill training programme ie. ‘Campus to Corporate’ to the entire student community by joining hands with National Institute of Education and Training, Trivandrum. The department head, Dr. Sr. Mini T.V. has signed MoU with NIET for skill training and placements for outgoing students.
- Our new media students are the backbone of the creativity of the college. They exhibit their unbounded talents in designing of the Cover page of our College Calendar and College Magazine.
- New Media Students released a Documentary film titled “AN ENVISIONED ADMINISTRATIOR” about our former principal, Dr. Sr. Therese Mary which depicts the excellent administrative and academic carrier of our principal on January 2009.
- As a part of extra-curricular activities the staff & students attended a workshop in Animation Technologies at Toonz Animation, Techno Park at Thiruvananthapuram on 8thOctober 2009
- Imbibing the true spirit of National Digital Literacy Mission Programme, the department has endeavoured to authorize all the staff and students by making them digitally literate.
- “Camera and Direction” - A Seminar by Mr. Joe Chalessery, Director of the film “Bhoopadathil Illatha Oridam”.
- “Classical Films” - A Seminar for New Media students by Prof.K.V. Ramankutty,Retd. Professor, Kerala University.
- “Film Editing” using “Final Cut Pro (FCP)” - A Workshop by Mr. Justin, Editor, Goodness Television Channel.
- “Web Site Designing” - A Workshop by Mr. James P.J., Web Designer, Camerocks Technologies, Infopark, Koratty.
Seminars & Workshops Organised by the Department
- Regional Seminar on ‘Computer Networks and Emerging Trends’ on 14th Oct 2003
- Regional Workshop on ‘Computer Hardware Assembling And Trouble Shooting’ on 22nd& 23rd August, 2003
- A Seminar on “Camera and Direction” - by Mr.Joe Chalessery, Director of the film “BhoopadathilIllatha Oridam” on 13th Oct 2008.
- The department in co-ordination with Manorama and Info Prism Thrissur organized a seminar in “Career Guidance” on 07th August 2009
- A Seminar on“Classical Films” - by Prof.K.V. Ramankutty,Retd. Professor, Kerala University on 17th November 2009.
- A Workshop on “Film Editing” using “Final Cut Pro (FCP)” - by Mr. Justin, Editor, Goodness Television Channel on 20th August 2010.
- A Regional seminar on “Current Trends in Audio Media” inaugurated the function by Mr.PradipSomasundaram on 8thOctober 2010.
- The Department of computer science conducted two day carrier guidance and soft skill training program for the P.G students of our collage by cooperate professionals on 27th and 28th on January 2011.The classes were conducted by Mr.T.P.Santhosh ,HR Consultant and former HCL HR Trainee.
- A Workshop on“Web Site Designing” - by Mr. James P.J., Web Designer, Camerocks Technologies, Infopark, Koratty on 23rd June 2011.
- University Grants Commission Sponsored National Seminar on “Big Data Analytics” Inaugurated by Dr. Jasma Balasangameshwara,Associate Professor, Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering, Atria Institute of Technology-Bengaluru on 12th and 13th of November 2015
- To start the orientation program for students to be successful, ethical, and effective problem-solvers and life-long learners who will contribute positively to the economic well-being of our region and nation.