Re-accredited by NAAC with A+ grade (CGPA 3.55 out of 4) in 2017 (3rd cycle)
INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL
Maintaining the momentum of quality consciousness is crucial in Higher Education Institutions. Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was formed at Sacred Heart College, Chalakudy on 16th August 2004 as per the guidelines of NAAC. IQAC of Sacred Heart College is conceived as a mechanism to build and ensure a quality culture at the institutional level. The IQAC is responsible for planning, guiding and monitoring Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Enhancement (QE) activities of Sacred Heart. The IQAC channelizes and systematizes the efforts and measures of Sacred Heart towards academic excellence.
Goals of the IQAC
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of Sacred Heart College.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices at Sacred Heart College.
The functions of IQAC
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of Sacred Heart College
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process at Sacred Heart College
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes of Sacred Heart College
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities at Sacred Heart College, leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices
- Development and maintenance of Institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality
- Development of Quality Culture in Sacred Heart College
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of Sacred Heart College based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, NBA, AB) in the prescribed format
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture
- Ensure enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize good practices
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in Sacred Heart College
- Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication
- With these goals in mind the IQAC of Sacred Heart College regularly organises events.