Smitha Davis is a native of Ernakulam District. She completed her under-graduation and post-graduation from Bharat Mata College, Thrikkakara. She secured CSIR JRF in June 2016 with AIR 108. She pursued M Phil. from Cochin University of Science and Technology for the Dissertation “A study on generalized inverses of Matrices”. She secured the Best Paper Award in Mathematical Sciences in the 30th Kerala Science Congress held at Government Brennen College, Thalassery during 28-30 January 2018. She became a part of the Sacred Heart family on 08-12-2017.
Christ College, Irinjalakkuda (Autonomous)
Christ College of Engineering, Irinjalakkuda
1. Smitha Davis, Fiona Christy Baby, “Group U(n) and Cayley Graphs”, International Conference on Discrete and Applied Mathematics, Vidya Academy, during 18-19, September 2020.
2. Smitha Davis, Amala Mary George, Linet Roslin Antony, “A note on L-integral graphs”, IX National Conference on emerging trends in Graph Theory, Christ University, Banglore, on 10 March 2018.
3. Smitha Davis, Dr. P.G. Romeo, “A Study on generalized inverses along an element”, 30th Kerala Science Congress, Govt. Breannan College, Thalassery, Kannur, during 28-30 January 2018.
4. Smitha Davis, Vaisak Venu, “A Study on I- Group”, National Seminar on Recent Devolepments in Fuzzy Set Theory, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Christ College (Autonomous)Irinjalakuda, Thrissur during 16-17 February 2017.
5. Participated in the regional workshop on “Indian Women and Mathematics” (supported by NBHM, DAE, Govt. of India) at the Cochin University of Science and Technology, from 2 – 3 January, 2018.
6. Coordinated International Seminar in Theory of Semigroups, organised by the Department of Mathematics, Sacred Heart College, Chalakudy Sponsored by KSCSTE and supported by DST in connection with National Science Day on 27th February 2020.
7. Coordinated a ten-day national workshop “National Enrichment Program in Mathematics” (NEPM2020) organised by the Department of Mathematics, Sacred Heart College, Chalakudy during 6-16 September 2021. 15 July 2020 to 24 July 2020.
8. Attended a National workshop on Complex Analysis on 14 February, 2018 at Sacred Heart College, Chalakudy.
9. Attended a two-day National workshop on Real Analysis during 15 and 16 February, 2019 at Sacred Heart College, Chalakudy.
10. Participated a two-day workshop on “Python Programming” during 26,27 July 2019 organized by the Department of Mathematics, Sacred Heart College, Chalakudy.
11. Participated in National Seminar on Functional Analysis organized by the Department of Mathematics, Sacred Heart College, Chalakudy during 24-25 January 2020.
12. Participated a two-day webinar on “Celebrating Women in Mathematics” supported by Committee for Women in Mathematics (CWM), organised by the Department of Mathematics, Sacred Heart College, Chalakudy during 12- 13 May 2020.
13. Participated in two days national level workshop on “Flipped Classroom learning tools” organised by A.P.A college of Arts and culture, Palani & Unnat Bharat Abhiyan during 15-16 May 2020.
14. Participated a national webinar on “Singular Value Decomposition and Its Applications” conducted in connection with National Mathematics Day organised by the Department of Mathematics, Sacred Heart College, Chalakudy on 30 December 2020.
15. Participated in International Conference on Recent Trends in Graph Theory at Cochin University of Science and Technology from 26 April 2018 to 29 April 2018.
16. Four-week Induction/Orientation Programme for “Faculty in Universities/Colleges/Institutes of Higher Education” from 4 June 2020 to 1 July 2020 organized by Teaching Learning Centre, Ramanujan College, University of Delhi, under the aegis of Ministry of Human Resource Development & Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching.
17. One-week Faculty Orientation Programme from 3 November 2020 to 9 November 2020 organized by Guru Angad Dev Teaching and Learning Centre, SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi under Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching of Ministry of Education and Christ College (Autonomous), Irinjalakuda, Kerala.
18. Two-week Refresher Course in Mathematics from 3 December 2020 to 16 December 2020 conducted by UGC-HRDC, University of Kerala.
19. Completed 12-week NPTEL-AICTE Online Certification Course, “Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations and Applications” conducted by IIT Roorkee during July-October 2018.
20. Completed 12-week NPTEL-AICTE Online Certification Course, “Measure Theory” conducted by IISC Banglore during January – April 2020.
21. Attended the Refresher Course for College Teachers in Complex Analysis at Kerala School of Mathematics from 29 November 2019 to 1 December 2019.
22. Faculty Development Programme on “Moodle Learning Management System” from 27 October 2020 to 31 October 2020 organized by Sacred Heart College, Chalakudy in collaboration with Spoken Tutorial Project, IIT Bombay.