Re-accredited by NAAC with A+ grade (CGPA 3.55 out of 4) in 2017 (3rd cycle)
NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME (NSS)
NSS aims at education through community service. It is intended to arouse the social conscience of the student by preparing them to be useful to society.
The objectives of NSS are as follows:
- To work with and among the people.
- To engage in non-violent constructive social action.
- To enhance their knowledge of themselves and the community through a confrontation with reality.
- To put their scholarship to practical use in mitigating at least some of the social problems.
- To practice democratic leadership.
NSS takes active interest in organic cultivation of vegetables in the campus. The Unit also organizes AIDS awareness programmes, blood donation camps and free eye camp and eye surgery.
Membership in NSS is voluntary and is strictly on selective basis. Every student attending NSS will be required to put the minimum of time equivalent to 120 hours each academic year including the hours of work put in during the camp days. Those who complete 240 hours of work in 2 years and attend the 10-day camp are eligible for a certificate issued by the University.
- Application for enrolment will be called for by the programming officer of the unit at the beginning of each academic year.
- Membership in NSS and a certificate to that effect from the University will be treated as additional qualification while making recruitments to public services.