Financial Support policies of Sacred Heart College, Chalakudy provides financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students to facilitate academic and personal welfare and encourage them to pursue their goals.
- The college provides merit based and need-based financial assistance in the form of endowments.
- Merit based support goes to students based on their academic achievements and talents like athletics and arts, rather than their financial need.
- Students may receive scholarships from outside sources such as non-profit organizations and private businesses.
- The college has the facility of providing various government scholarships and non-government endowments to students.
- Need-based financial assistance does not consider any factor other than financial background.
- Eligibility is completely based on the income of the student and her family. A student could be eligible if: she is living in a household where the joint annual income is less than 3 lakhs, she is living in a single parent household, or she is facing notable financial crisis even with an annual income more than 3 lakhs.
- A fund called “Santhwanam Fund” has been established by the faculty to provide financial assistance to the as well as faculty in case of emergencies.
- Management has an obvious free education policy for financially backward students.