IT policies of Sacred Heart College, Chalakudy are formulated to increase the academic and professional productivity using Information Technology.
- The computing resources of Sacred Heart College are intended to support the educational, instructional, research, and administrative activities on the campus. It strives to secure, strengthen and enhance the use of information technology for various legal and ethical purposes.
- The policy is applicable to all the faculty, students, volunteers, collaborators, and all other stakeholders of the institution.
- Netiquette, or the code of conduct for healthy online practices, is considered a vital part of the college IT policy and it provides guidelines on acceptable and unacceptable use of IT resources.
- Institutional IT policy guarantees security and accessibility of systems and services to all the members of the community and it safeguards and protects college IT infrastructure and institutional data from other malpractices and misconduct.
- It does not recommend the use that promotes the personal businesses or financial interests of the beneficiaries. Political and religious campaigning or any other external affairs of the individual are strictly prohibited under the policy.