The SC/ST cell of the College was established in 2020 with the purpose to empower the SC/ST students in the College. This unit functions to fulfil the institutional assurance of equality in opportunity through various academic and non-academic activities designed specifically for the upliftment of this community which helps to dissolve the lines of social and economic disparity. The students have given the chance to approach the cell to clear their queries and get their grievances addressed.
Objectives of the cell:
- To monitor the implementation of reservation policy of state and central government during admission in the institution.
- To ensure there is no caste based discrimination in our college.
- To aware the SC/ST students regarding various scholarships program of State Government and UGC.
- To counsel and guide SC/ ST students and help them to manage academic and personal issues of college life effectively.
- To redress the grievances of SC/ST students, if any.
- To enhance the employability of SC/ST students by providing appropriate carrier guidance.
- Cell gives guidelines to the office staff regarding admission of SC and ST students, if any.
- Cell discussed about various scholarships that can be given to the students
- Informs about the schemes of Government and University
- The students are motivated to join skill development programme in the College
- Remedial coaching is given by departments in addition to personal counselling
- Advanced learners help the weak students to improve their performance
Policy Document – View
Minutes – View
- Dr. Sr. Reena Ittyachan (Principal)
- Dr. Sr. Princy Anto (Vice-Principal)
- Ms. Smina M B (Assistant Professor, Department of History)
- Dr. Nidhin T. J. (Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics)
- Sr. Soumya K. Jose (Administrative Staff)
- Sr. Mariya Lazar (Administrative Staff)
- Student representative