Sacred Heart College gives prominence to extension and outreach activities with the intention of service and philanthropy toward society. Extension and outreach have been ingrained into the fabric of the college through its best practice ‘Heart to Heart’ for the past 10 years. This practice is followed by all the departments, clubs and cells to orient extension activities that are beneficial for the community and in coherence with the policies of the college. The following are the general provisions in the policy.
1. All students should be involved in extension and outreach activities. The programmes organised should help in imbibing the spirit of service among students.
2. The extension activities should help build society through the service of the college.
3. Special care and consideration are to be given to the marginalised sections of society including tribal, economically backward communities etc.
4. Old people should be given special attention when the services are offered.
5. NSS and other cells should follow the guiding principles of ‘Heart to Heart’.
6. Teaching staff should also participate in this programme and contribute in their own way to the community along with their academic exercise.